The Pro File
Ratings Specials For Big Punters
You need to be logged in and have an active subscription before you can get access to more information on this page.
Then you will see all the valuable information on the Laptop and Mobile Phone friendy screens.
What is The Pro File?
- The Pro File is a way of selecting the Best from the Best
- Shown above are all horses who are the top rated selection and have a margin of 15 points or more above the next rated horse.
- Horsing Around suggests punters use the horses shown above as a starting point to working out their own best bets for the day.
- Punters should make there own set of rules to suit their own betting style and make sure each horses fits their personal PROFILE before investing.
- Horsing Around suggests to consider the following:
- BEWARE of Horses carrying Big Weights (60kg and above)
- BEWARE of horses that have a racing pattern of settling towards the back of the field (cold or back). Horses that have to rely on other horses setting a solid pace are an unreliable betting proposition.
- BEWARE of horses with Unexposed form. In General, races with numerous runners who have had zero or very few starts are a dangerous betting proposition.
- Beware of the lower grade races. The lower the grade of race the less a horse has to improve to turn its form around and cause an upset.
- The further back a horse finished last start the more careful you should be. They may be down in grade but also down in form
- Always study the market. It is dangerous to bet against a big market mover or to bet on a big drifter.
- Odds on Look on. Why risk your money for a pittance return.
- Don't forget to check the official TAB guides and look out for scratchings and late jockey changes before placing a bet - and always gamble responsibly.
This is a Horsing Around FILTER Page
It is very hard to win if you bet on every race but if you can come up with some selection method that filters out the races you bet on than you give yourself a better chance of coming out ahead. If you then use a staking plan with your filtered selections than you are really turning the odds in favour of you having a winning day and lots of fun in the process.
I like to use an 8 leg staking plan in a 2-2-3-4-6-8-11-14 unit sequence. That means it will cover 8 races at a maximum cost of 50 units.
ONLY bet on filtered selections that are paying $3 or above. Starting with your first betting race, bet 2 units on the selection. If it does not win then bet 2 units on the selection of the second betting race. If it does not win then bet 3 units on the selection of the third betting race and so on, slowly increasing your bet amount as you move along the staking plan sequence, until you back a winner or have lost 8 races in a row.
If you get a winner, then the $3 plus dividend is usually enough to come out ahead on the sequence. You can then either quit for the day while you are ahead or start a new sequence. If you lose 8 in a row then you are down 50 units so either quit for the day or again start a new sequence with your next selection. If you bet within your means than you will always be having fun.
P.S.For double figure selections I often bet each way (and if a selection runs second or third I adjust where I am on the betting sequence depending on how many units I am behind) otherwise it is Win only betting.